You are here
Royal Brompton Hospital Occupational Lung Disease Clinic
You may find the Guide to the Royal Brompton Occupational Lung Disease Clinic useful — it describes our clinic and outlines the tests you can expect when you visit us for the first time. In any case you will be given a copy of this leaflet when you arrive.
- The main clinic at the Royal Brompton Hospital Outpatients department takes place every Monday afternoon
- Outpatients is located in the Fulham Road (South) Block in Chelsea, SW3 6HP - directions to the Royal Brompton Hospital can be accessed here ...
- ... see also Google map to Fulham Road clinic
- When you arrive, you will need to report to the Patient Registration desk (near the front door)
- You will then be directed to X-Ray and from there to the clinic area in Outpatients East
- All of these departments are on the ground floor of the building.
Please report to appointments new patient registration by the main entrance, who will ask you to complete a registration form. You will then be directed to outpatients who will note your arrival and send you to the X-ray department for a chest X-ray.
Once this is done, please come back to the outpatients department and let the admin staff know that you have returned.
You will then be seen by one of our Clinical Nurse Specialists:
They will ask some general questions and carry out routine tests to assess your lung function and allergic status, if appropriate.
Next, you will be seen by one of the following specialist doctors:
We usually write with your results to the doctor or nurse who referred you to our clinic, and to your GP, with a copy to yourself. If you want to see a copy of this letter before it is sent, please inform the doctor you see at the clinic.
In our clinic, the clinical nurse specialists and doctors work together to deliver the best possible care.
We are a teaching hospital and one of only a few occupational lung disease specialist services in the UK. We often have visiting doctors, nurses and students in our clinic with us as observers. You can let us know at any time if you would prefer not to have visitors present during your consultation.
Please let us know if you:
- are not able to attend this (or any further) appointment; if any additional tests such as lung function have also been arranged for you, you will need to let us know when you call. You can re-arrange a new appointment by contacting our Clinical Secretary; telephone 020 7351 8341 or - if it's a follow-up appointment - please ring 020 7351 8011 to re-arrange.
- would like to be placed on a list to be contacted for an earlier slot in the event of a cancellation
The experience that you have of our clinical service is very important to us.
As a result of feedback from a recent patient experience survey, we have:
- Improved the information we send to patients before their first appointment, particularly directions to the hospital
- Met with the outpatients administrative and nursing staff to streamline the clinic process and reduce waiting times