You are here
A key part of our mission is the sharing of our knowledge, to raise awareness of occupational lung disease through education and training, so that what we learn can help patients and clinicians everywhere. We run a variety of scheduled educational events, courses and workshops to support these aims.
- All courses are recorded and available for delegates to access after the event
- Certificates of attendance are provided
- Our events are accredited as CPD with the Faculty of Occupational Medicine or Royal College of Physicians
- Registration fees are VAT-exempt
Please scroll down to learn more about our various courses on offer.
Spirometry training courses for Occupational Health
Lung Function Testing in the Workplace - intermediate level
A one-day course (accredited for 5 CPD points) for OH professionals with an interest in the use of spirometry in the workplace. Please note this is not a practical spirometry course and a working knowledge of spirometry is required.
- individual variation, interpretation, abnormalities, longitudinal changes
- case-based discussions
- the role of spirometry in health surveillance
- use in pre-placement screening/fitness to work, its use and utility
- Thursday 7th March 2024 - register here
- Thursday 27th June 2024 - register here
- Thursday 7th November 2024 - registration link coming soon
- £211.97 per course (includes booking fees)
Regional Training Days for Respiratory and Occupational Medicine trainees
We continue to support specialty trainees in respiratory and occupational medicine by delivering one day regional training days in Occupational Lung Disease. These are usually held on rotation on a three-yearly basis.
Further courses and workshops
Bespoke, offsite training sessions in topics related to our formal events and tailored to the audience are also available on request; please email us to discuss your learning needs.
We are not running courses on statistics but our colleagues are doing so; if you are interested in finding out more or registering for a course please contact James Potts.
Stay up to date
Download our latest Events Newsletter here
Feedback from recent Intermediate Lung Function Course
"Thank you for an excellent day"
"Thank you for the wonderful training"
"This has been a great workshop and [I] feel much more confident in interpretation"
"Thank you for a very informative day"