You are here
The Occupational and Environmental Medicine Laboratory Service is now able to receive samples, undertake immunological assays and provide related services.
If you have any queries, or would like to let us know that you are sending samples, please contact us.
About our laboratory
We are an ISO-accredited laboratory service dedicated to specific antibody and aeroallergen measurement for occupational and environmental issues.
See our current BSI Certificate of Registration (ISO 9001:2015) here.
We provide a professional, specialist immunological service for the diagnosis of occupational lung disease in close collaboration with clinical colleagues from the Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust.
The laboratory specialises in measuring specific IgE to all occupational allergens including those not commercially available, creating where necessary unique assays for each individual case.
Our Quality Policy can be seen here.
We are the only UK site currently carrying out beryllium lymphocyte proliferation tests.
- Measurement of specific IgE and IgG antibodies to allergens
- Extraction of allergens for measurement of specific IgE or IgG
- Bespoke specific IgE assays for novel occupational and environmental allergens
- Preparation of skin prick test solutions for use within our clinics (to be confirmed)
- Precipitation assays for the measurement of specific IgG antibodies
- T cell (lymphocyte) proliferation assays to beryllium
- Allergen extraction from air filters
- Rat n 1 and Mus m 1 aeroallergen measurements
- Research and development of new diagnostic assays
- Specialist advice on diagnostic assays and interpretation of results
- Laboratory services FAQs
- Laboratory Services Request form and Instructions (Word)
- Laboratory Services Request form and Instructions (PDF)
- Containers, Boxes, Transport & centrifugation - Covid 19 (PDF)
We are constantly reviewing our service and looking to make improvements
Please send us any feedback using the Evaluation Form.