You are here


Frequently Asked Questions about our Laboratory Services


How do we get specific IgE and precipitating IgG antibodies measured?

Send 10 ml clotted blood or 5 ml serum to Jennifer Welch. This can be sent in a suitable container through the post - preferably not on Friday due to weekend.

Please send a covering letter with the sample, or use our OEM Lab Services Request Form and instructions, ensuring that the sample label on the bottle is completed.

Feel free to contact us for further details.

Can you measure specific IgE and IgG antibodies to novel occupational allergens?

If you would like to measure specific IgE and IgG antibodies to a putative occupational allergen, please contact Jennifer Welch and Jennifer Canizales.  

Do you perform precipitin assays?

We are one of only a few remaining laboratories in the country that carry out precipitin testing to occupational and environmental allergens, typically moulds.  This test requires a blood sample and an allergen sample.

Do you perform lymphocyte proliferation testing to beryllium?

Yes. Please note that we need a fresh, heparinised blood sample.

Do you carry out air sampling?

We elute filters and measure aeroallergen levels.

Please contact Jennifer Canizales and Jennifer Welch for further information on all of the above.