You are here
Information about our courses
Brompton Occupational Lung Disease training
Paul Cullinan, Jo Szram and Jo Feary continue to support specialty trainees in respiratory and occupational medicine by delivering one day regional training days in Occupational Lung Disease, rotating through a number of UK regions on a three-yearly basis.
Dates by training region are below (each held virtually, as half days); please contact your programme director for venue and timings:
London 7 July 2020
Oxford 24 September 2020
Various regions 13 January 2021
For enquiries regarding delivering similar events, please contact us here.
A key part of our clinical mission is the sharing of our knowledge to raise awareness of occupational lung disease through education and training, so that what we learn can help patients everywhere.
We are also committed to supporting learning in key statistical and epidemiological concepts and methods, to aid researchers in understanding and transmitting their findings.
We run a variety of scheduled educational events, courses and workshops to support these aims; please see further information below.
Bespoke, offsite training sessions in topics related to our formal events and tailored to the audience are also available on request; please contact us to discuss your learning needs.
- Where forthcoming dates are not yet announced, please contact Magda Wheatley for further information.
NB: 'Lung Function Testing in the Workplace' (Introductory and Intermediate) courses are on hold, pending a return to face-to-face events. Priority will be given to applicants from deferred dates.*
Please keep an eye on our course details for updates.
* Introductory: 13 March and 1 July 2020; Intermediate: 21 April and 23 June 2020
All places are first-come, first-served.
Registration fees are VAT-exempt, and include handout, lunch and refreshments
- We encourage people to pay by card where possible. If a customer would like to receive an invoice from the College and pay via this route, a purchase order number must be provided to Imperial College. This process might be a lot longer and normally takes up to several weeks. If your institution is not on our system, you will be sent an appropriate set-up form. Therefore, payment by card is much quicker and easier if you would like to avoid delay.
Lung Function Testing:
- Those wishing to attend LFT Introductory or Intermediate are asked to complete a precourse questionnaire first; please e-mail me for this on email@example.com ; booking details are sent on receipt of the questionnaire. Booking links for LFT courses will not be listed on our website.
- Those who transfer to a later date (assuming that space is available) will be asked to pay whatever fee applies for that future course …
- … For our annual courses, and those held twice a year, however: if people wish to change date, we will ask you to cancel your place and re-book later, if space is available (we can only transfer people to events which have funding codes, and these are usually not available far in advance).
- Occupational Health courses: Faculty of Occupational Medicine
- Medical Statistics courses: Royal College of Physicians
To view our current courses please follow the links below: