You are here
Information about our courses
A key part of our mission is the sharing of our knowledge, to raise awareness of occupational lung disease through education and training, so that what we learn can help patients and clinicians everywhere.
Spirometry Training Courses for Occupational Health
Lung Function Testing in the Workplace - Introductory Level (currently ‘on hold’)
1 day course
• introduction to respiratory physiology
• hands on practicalities of spirometry
• simple interpretation of results
• respiratory surveillance in the workplace for short- and long-latency respiratory diseases
• quality control
Suitable for Occupational Health Professionals who have limited, or no, experience of spirometry
Future dates: on hold due to the pandemic
Lung Function Testing in the Workplace - Intermediate Level (currently being held ‘online’)
1 day course
• interpretation, abnormalities, longitudinal changes
• individual variation and role in health surveillance
• use in pre-placement screening/fitness to work, its use and utility
• this is not a practical spirometry course
• a working knowledge of practical spirometry is assumed
• the workshop is accredited by Faculty of Occupational Medicine
Suitable for Occupational Health Professionals with an interest in the use of spirometry in the workplace
Future dates: TBC
Occupational Lung Disease Webinars
Dates for 2022: TBC
Regional Training Days for Respiratory and Occupational Medicine trainees
We continue to support specialty trainees in respiratory and occupational medicine by delivering one day regional training days in Occupational Lung Disease. These are usually held on rotation on a three-yearly basis.
Dates for 2022 regional training days: TBC
Further courses and workshops
Bespoke, offsite training sessions in topics related to our formal events and tailored to the audience are also available on request; please contact us to discuss your learning needs.
We are not running courses on statistics but our colleagues are doing so; if you are interested in finding out more or registering for a course please contact James Potts.
Feedback from recent Intermediate Lung Function Course
"Thank you for an excellent day"
"Thank you for the wonderful training"
"This has been a great workshop and [I] feel much more confident in interpretation"
"Thank you for a very informative day"
"Thank you, even though virtual"