You are here
Peak flow, surveillance questionnaire and other information
Peak flow recording
You will be shown how to use a simple device known as a peak flow meter, and make measurements with it every two hours for about a month. We appreciate that this requires quite a lot of work from you, but it is a very important test which helps us to reach a diagnosis in many cases.
- You can download the instructions for the self-measurement of peak flow readings in Word and PDF format
- You can download a useful form to write your peak flow readings and other important information in Word and PDF format
- You can bring this record to clinic with you or send us a copy in advance, either by e-mail or post (please keep a copy if you post it, in case we do not receive it)
Spirometry - contraindications, blood pressure and menstrual cycle
Information can be accessed here.
Other specific investigations for Occupational Asthma
The following tests may be used in the assessment of suspected occupational asthma:
- Lung Function Tests - a description of testing procedures and preparation
- Skin prick testing – these are done in our Clinic; please contact Julie for more details
- Specific IgE measurement with occupational, exposure-specific allergen
- Occupational Inhalation Testing - patient information on a specific test used in the diagnosis and assessment of work-related airway or lung symptoms, which aims to recreate workplace exposures in a measurable, hospital setting
Other information about occupational lung disease
- Your Occupational Asthma - information for patients who have recently been diagnosed with occupational asthma
- Asbestos-related disease
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit – information from the Department of Work and Pensions on how to claim.