You are here
Information about our courses
A key part of our clinical mission is the sharing of our knowledge to raise awareness of occupational lung disease through education and training, so that what we learn can help patients everywhere.
We are also committed to supporting learning in key statistical and epidemiological concepts and methods, to aid researchers in understanding and transmitting their findings.
We run a variety of scheduled educational events, courses and workshops to support these aims; please see further information below.
Bespoke, offsite training sessions in topics related to our formal events and tailored to the audience are also available on request; please contact us to discuss your learning needs.
- Where forthcoming dates are not yet announced, please contact Magda Wheatley for further information.
NB: The booking links take card payments only. If you require an invoice, please inform Magda (a) your/the delegate’s name and affiliation details; (b) to whom we should issue the invoice. Your employer might require a purchase order number in advance – please check with them before requesting an invoice.
- It is possible to book more than one person per transaction: the individual details for each person need to be entered separately, but you can add multiple people to the ‘basket’ before going through to SagePay and making the payment. To do this, you just go back to the original booking page and enter the next person’s details after reaching the screen that shows a summary of the bookings in the basket, before clicking through to pay.
All courses include a comprehensive handout, lunch and refreshments.
- Occupational Health courses: Faculty of Occupational Medicine
- Medical Statistics courses: Royal College of Physicians
To view our current courses please follow the links below (also see details here):
PLACES ARE AVAILABLE ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS. Also, for our Lung Function courses, we ask applicants to complete a short questionnaire before registering.
Cancellation Policy and Transferral Policy
- For written cancellations received up to two weeks prior to the commencement of a course, 50% of the course fee will be refunded and you will receive full documentation. Thereafter, no refunds can be made; however substitute delegates are welcome at no extra charge.
- If you (or your substitute) are unable to attend after the two week notice period, it may be possible to transfer to the next course (subject to the course running). You will be required to pay a £50 administration charge, plus any additional course fees.
- If the course organiser cancels the course due to low attendance, or for any other reason, delegates will be reimbursed in full or registered for the next available course, should they wish.
- The organisers reserve the right to alter the programme without notice and to refuse any registration.
- Please do not make any travel arrangements until written booking confirmation is received.
- IT IS REGRETTED THAT PLACES CANNOT BE CONFIRMED WITHOUT PRIOR PAYMENT.