You are here
Lungs at Work events newsletter privacy notice
Imperial College London (“we” or the “College”) provide various newsletters via e-mail about our activities, services and achievements. This privacy notice explains how we use your personal data when you sign up to receive the "Lungs at Work events newsletter" (the “Newsletter”).
Why we process your information
If you opt-in to receiving the Newsletter, we will ask for your:
- Title, first and last name
- E-mail address(es)
Details below are optional, but will help us maintain contact with you, so that we can inform you effectively of our events:
- Telephone number(s)
Our legal basis for processing your personal data for the purposes of sending you the Newsletter via e-mail is based on your consent - by consenting to receiving the Newsletter via e-mail you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purpose of sending you the Newsletter via e-mail.
You may withdraw consent at any time by clicking unsubscribe on any of these Newsletters; by e-mailing email@example.com; or calling Magda Wheatley on 020 7594 7990 and asking to be removed.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal data with service providers who assist the College in the preparation, distribution and/or administration related to the Newsletter. Our legal basis for sharing your data in this way is that it is necessary for our legitimate interest in providing you with the Newsletter.
All our service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with data protection laws. We do not allow our service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Some service providers may process your personal information outside the European Economic Area. Where this is the case, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information and your personal information will only be transferred where the transfer is permitted under the law.
For example, our newsletter will be shortly set up using MailChimp (whose legal name is The Rocket Science Group LLC) who provide mailing list tools that assist us with the e-mail distribution of the Newsletter to our subscribers. We share subscribers’ names and e-mail address(es) and - where supplied - workplace name and location details, plus telephone numbers) with MailChimp for these purposes. MailChimp’s servers and offices are located in the United States, so your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. MailChimp participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and, on this basis, we can lawfully transfer personal information to them for the purposes of MailChimp providing their services to us.
Except as explained above, we will not share your information with anyone, unless where required by law, where it is necessary to administer our relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Keeping your personal information
Your personal information will be deleted from our systems when you unsubscribe from the Newsletter.
You have the right to:
- receive a copy of the information we hold about you in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of transferring that data to another data controller;
- request us to erase your personal data or object to our processing of your personal data;
- request your information be changed if you believe it was not correct at the time you provided it;
- unsubscribe and have your information deleted if you no longer want to receive the Newsletter.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can raise a concern with the Information Commissioner: www.ico.org.uk.
If you have any concerns with regard to the way your personal data is being processed or have a query with regard to this information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Imperial College London
Data Protection Officer
Faculty Building Level 4
London SW7 2AZ
- NB: you might also find the Imperial College Events Privacy Notice useful: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/administration-and-support-services/legal-services-office/public/data-protection/ICL---Events-privacy-notice---Final_12-June-2018.pdf
Further information about our courses
Please see our Events Newsletter here.
A key part of our clinical mission is the sharing of our knowledge to raise awareness of occupational lung disease through education and training, so that what we learn can help patients everywhere.
We are also committed to supporting learning in key statistical and epidemiological concepts and methods, to aid researchers in understanding and transmitting their findings.
We run a variety of scheduled educational events, courses and workshops to support these aims; please see further information below.
Bespoke, off site training sessions in topics related to our formal events and tailored to the audience are also available on request; please contact us to discuss your learning needs.
- Where forthcoming dates are not yet announced, please contact Magda Wheatley for further information.
NB: The booking links take card payments only. If you require an invoice, please inform Magda (a) your/the delegate’s name and affiliation details; (b) to whom we should issue the invoice. Your employer might require a purchase order number in advance – please check with them before requesting an invoice.
- It is possible to book more than one person per transaction: the individual details for each person need to be entered separately, but you can add multiple people to the ‘basket’ before going through to SagePay and making the payment. To do this, you just go back to the original booking page and enter the next person’s details after reaching the screen that shows a summary of the bookings in the basket, before clicking through to pay.
All courses include a comprehensive handout, lunch and refreshments.
- Occupational Health courses: Faculty of Occupational Medicine
- Medical Statistics courses: Royal College of Physicians
To view our current courses please follow the links below (also see details here):
PLACES ARE AVAILABLE ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS.
Cancellation Policy and Transferral Policy
- For written cancellations received up to two weeks prior to the commencement of a course, 50% of the course fee will be refunded and you will receive full documentation. Thereafter, no refunds can be made; however substitute delegates are welcome at no extra charge.
- If you (or your substitute) are unable to attend after the two week notice period, it may be possible to transfer to the next course (subject to the course running). You will be required to pay a £50 administration charge, plus any additional course fees.
- If the course organiser cancels the course due to low attendance, or for any other reason, delegates will be reimbursed in full or registered for the next available course, should they wish.
- The organisers reserve the right to alter the programme without notice and to refuse any registration.
- Please do not make any travel arrangements until written booking confirmation is received.
- IT IS REGRETTED THAT PLACES CANNOT BE CONFIRMED WITHOUT PRIOR PAYMENT.