You are here
We are delighted to inform you that OSCAR (Occupational Self-Coding Automatic Recording), our new online tool to collect and code life-time job histories, is LIVE!
Main features include the following options:
- code jobs both in UK SOC-2000 and ISCO-88
- link individual OSCAR responses to any existing study dataset (NB: in your e-mail invitation to your study participants, you just need to assign them a unique ID number, and instruct them to input it in OSCAR when they first access it)
- retrieve both complete and incomplete responses as Excel .csv files
- skip to specific questions on lung health or night shifts
- GDPR compliance
- Smartphone/tablet compatibility
To access OSCAR, you just need to register your research study using the following weblink https://www.oscar-job-history.com/?action=newstudyowner, and you will receive an automated e-mail including:
- weblink to invite your study participants to access OSCAR
- weblink to download your OSCAR responses data and the OSCAR data dictionary
OSCAR is FREE; we just ask you to cite our methodological article https://www.oscar-job-history.com/docs/DeMatteisSJWEH2017.pdf in any published work where you have used OSCAR.
If you have any additional queries, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that you will find OSCAR useful!
Sara De Matteis MD, MPH, PhD
Imperial College London
- Images: OSCAR logo; AdobeStock image