You are here
Lung Function Testing in the Workplace - Introductory Level
13 March, 2020
Due to high levels of demand, we cannot hold places for individuals on this course in future (otherwise it will be full before officially opening). Please contact Magda Wheatley on email@example.com for a precourse questionnaire. If you require an invoice, the questionnaire will ask for invoice address details.
- Click here to join our courses and events mailing list
Description - For those embarking on spirometry in the workplace, this course covers: an introduction to respiratory physiology; (hands on) practicalities of spirometry; simple interpretation of results; discussion of respiratory surveillance in the workplace for short- and long-latency respiratory diseases; quality control.
NB: we can accommodate 15 delegates on this date.
Course fee: £175 - VAT-exempt (will include handout, lunch and refreshments). Our registration fees are going up after April - new amount £225
- Online registration is by card only - this is our preference ...
- We encourage people to pay by card where possible. If a customer would like to receive an invoice from the College and pay through this route, a purchase order number must be provided to Imperial College. Course details will only be sent upon payment being received by the College. This process might be a lot longer and normally takes up to several weeks. Therefore, payment by card is much quicker and easier if you would like to avoid delay.
- Imperial College staff can pay by internal transfer if they wish
Suitable for - Occupational Health professionals (including Occupational Health technicians) who have limited (or no) experience of spirometry. This event is not thought suitable for Physicians.
Accreditation - 5.5 CPD points (Faculty of Occupational Medicine) currently sought
Venue (map can be viewed here; photos on page 2) -
National Heart and Lung Institute
Education Centre, Seminar Room A
Guy Scadding Building
London SW3 6LY
"Never done spirometry before, therefore in my estimation I believe that the overall session was a blast"
"It’s so nice to know how to do spirometry and to understand"
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course; thank you. It was excellent and perfect for my role. I have come away with a strong understanding of the role of spirometry in the workplace”
"I think it’s brilliant. I would highly recommend this to others"
"All teaching was fantastic and explained all aspects of the tests"
"I enjoyed all sessions – will be booking again and referring to member of staff. Excellent handouts and presentations."
"Very interesting technical information and use of different types of spirometers. Also doing it yourself on machines. Case studies excellent for learning"
- Photo: a practical spirometry session in progress