You are here
Lung Function Testing in the Workplace - Intermediate Level
21 April, 2020
Please contact Magda Wheatley on firstname.lastname@example.org for a precourse questionnaire. If you require an invoice, the questionnaire will ask for invoice address details.
- Click here to join our courses and events mailing list
We will ask delegates to send a scan of a lung function report from the machine they use most often.
Course fee: £175 - VAT-exempt (will include handout, lunch and refreshments). Our registration fees are going up after April - new amount £225
- Online registration is by card only - this is our preference ...
- We encourage people to pay by card where possible. If a customer would like to receive an invoice from the College and pay through this route, a purchase order number must be provided to Imperial College. Course details will only be sent upon payment being received by the College. This process might be a lot longer and normally takes up to several weeks. Therefore, payment by card is much quicker and easier if you would like to avoid delay.
- Imperial College staff can pay by internal transfer if they wish
Description - For those experienced in the use of spirometry in the workplace, this course employs wide-ranging real-life cases to cover the following topics:
- principles of spirometry in the occupational setting:
- interpretation and individual variation
- abnormalities and troubleshooting
- longitudinal measurements and screening
- health surveillance
- use in pre-placement screening/fitness to work.
Suitable for - Occupational Health professionals with a particular interest in spirometry, and its use in the workplace.
Accreditation - 4.5 CPD points (Faculty of Occupational Medicine) to be sought
Venue (map can be viewed here; photos on page 2) -
National Heart and Lung Institute
Education Centre, Seminar Room A
Guy Scadding Building
London SW3 6LY
"The case studies were very helpful. Lecturers were excellent. The greatest benefit was the opportunity to ask specific questions of the experts. The value of this access cannot be underestimated! Thanks"
"Very informative, professional and explained in detail. Lots of laughs and fun as well. Provided by people with real passion who are able to encourage others to excel in their role"
"Restored my faith in spirometry training courses that they can ‘move’ with the group – be interactive and not just presented from slides"
"It’s really perfect!"
"This is the 3rd study day I’ve been to here – definitely the best. Clarified certain issues. Makes me think about my practice in different ways. Learned a lot. Case studies very good/helpful.”
“Probably the best workshop study day I’ve attended. Thank you.”
- Photo: Jo Szram presents to delegates