You are here
Introductory Medical Statistics - two day course
26 May, 2016
Please contact Magda Wheatley, tel 020 7594 7990, for further information and booking links.
Two-day course designed to introduce anyone who uses statistics in their work or research to:
- statistical concepts including: epidemiological study design
- identifying and describing different data types
- selection of appropriate statistical tests (two and three group scenarios)
- calculation of sample size for basic study designs
- principles behind various forms of regression analysis, including survival analysis.
Course fees - First 10 internal staff [Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust/National Heart and Lung Institute] - £280 [all taken]; Remainder: academic/NHS - £350; all other/corporate - £450.
Suitable for - Doctors, nurses, clinical research fellows and postgraduate students
Accreditation - Please see 'Introduction' above.
"All the lecturers explained the concepts very clearly and showed great patience. All the slides were very clear; examples and exercises well thought-out.”
“Excellent course; best I’ve been to as a specialist trainee.”
“This is an excellent course for an introduction into medical statistics and hence very useful for reading and analysing."
"Excellent course, very smoothly run. Wish I’d attended it sooner."
Next dates after this: Thursday 29 - Friday 30 September 2016