You are here
- +44 (0)1509 251500 ext 3408/3416
Senior Project Manager (ADVANCE Study)
National Heart and Lung Institute (Imperial College London)
Melanie is Senior Project Manager for the ADVANCE Study, based at the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre, Stanford Hall, Loughborough.
- Managing the Armed Services Trauma Rehabilitation Study (ADVANCE) – a 20-year Help For Heroes and Libor-funded study looking at the physical and psychological consequences of serious battlefield trauma in a cohort of 1,200 UK Armed Forces combat veterans.
- Military families – worked on a study investigating the link between military fathers with PTSD and their adolescent children’s emotional development and well-being.
- Medical screening – previously ran a cluster randomised controlled trial of post-deployment screening for mental health issues in 10,000 serving UK Armed Forces personnel.
- To successfully enrol all 1,200 individuals into the ADVANCE Study and attract further funding to expand ADVANCE beyond the first five years of funding.
- To investigate patterns of cardiovascular, musculoskeletal and respiratory disease in our cohort of 600 cases and 600 controls.
MA, University of Cambridge (Jesus College)