You are here
CME webinar - 'Breathe easy: all you need to know about interpreting spirometry in primary care' (8pm start)
21 May, 2018
Dr Jo Szram will present a CME webinar (equivalent to 1 CPD point), hosted by Webinars for GPs, entitled ‘Breathe easy: all you need to know about interpreting spirometry in primary care' (at 8pm; log-in from 7.45pm recommended).
Our OH contacts who are e-mailed details by us can participate free of charge.
Webinar description: The webinar will use real-life clinical cases to focus on practical aspects of the use - and abuse - of spirometry in primary care including:
- key aspects of physiology
- the practicalities of spirometry
- simple interpretation of results and clinical application
- common errors of technique and quality control
Please register via https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_aJiIovPGTWuZShU4VpW_Ug – you will be sent a unique link of your own for accessing the webinar.
By the end of the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- describe the basic airway and lung physiology utilised in spirometry and identify obstructive and restrictive defects
- explain how to undertake spirometry
- interpret spirometry results (numeric and pictorial)
- list and explain common technique errors and solutions for these and other quality control issues