You are here
Lung Function Testing in the Workplace - Intermediate Level
12 June, 2019
- Click here to join our courses and events mailing list
- Applicants are asked to complete a short questionnaire before registering - please e-mail or ring Magda Wheatley on firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7594 7990 and request to be sent this. Once the questionnaire has been submitted, you will be sent details on how to register.
We will ask delegates to bring a copy of a lung function report from the machine they use most often.
Course fee - £175, including handout, lunch and refreshments.
For those experienced in the use of spirometry in the workplace, this course employs wide-ranging real-life cases to cover the following topics:
- principles of spirometry in the occupational setting:
- interpretation and individual variation
- abnormalities and troubleshooting
- longitudinal measurements and screening
- health surveillance
- use in pre-placement screening/fitness to work.
Suitable for - Occupational health professionals with a particular interest in spirometry, and its use in the workplace.
Accreditation - Please see 'Introduction' above.
** NB: Please note venue [close to our usual Dovehouse Street venue]: **
Clinical Research Facility
Royal Brompton Hospital
1st floor,* Fulham Wing
London SW3 6HP
*actually up two flights of stairs - lift available if required
Map can be accessed here.
"A very enjoyable/informative, appropriate study day. I felt that I was learning the most up-to-date evidence-based information"
"Very relevant information. Simplified the interpretation process. Felt very relaxed. Great learning environment. Great sense of humour of both presenters"
"Restored my faith in spirometry training courses that they can ‘move’ with the group – be interactive and not just presented from slides"
"It’s really perfect!"
"This is the 3rd study day I’ve been to here – definitely the best. Clarified certain issues. Makes me think about my practice in different ways. Learned a lot. Case studies very good/helpful.”
“Probably the best workshop study day I’ve attended. Thank you.”
- Photo: Jo Szram presents to delegates