You are here
Introductory Medical Statistics - two day course
27 September, 2018
- Click here to join our courses and events mailing list
Three rates are available - please select the rate applicable to you:
- Student/trainee concessionary: £175
- First ten NHLI/RBH delegates (non-student/trainee) concessionary: £280
- Academic/NHS/corporate: £350
Delegates are asked to choose two out of three breakout sessions (45 minutes each; Day 2) when registering online (card payments only). Applicants who wish to to register via invoice or [for Imperial College] internal payment, are required to choose their sessions before registering; details are provided upon enquiry about the course.
Two-day event designed to introduce anyone who uses statistics in their work or research to:
- statistical concepts including: epidemiological study design
- identifying and describing different data types
- selection of appropriate statistical tests (two and three group scenarios)
- calculation of sample size for basic study designs
- principles behind various forms of regression analysis, including survival analysis.
Suitable for - Doctors, nurses, clinical research fellows and postgraduate students
Accredited by the Royal College of Physicians (12 CPD points)
Venue (map can be viewed here) -
National Heart and Lung Institute
Education Centre, Paul Wood Lecture Theatre
Guy Scadding Building
London SW3 6LY
"Really useful sessions. Good amount of overlap and recap during each session. Good to practise examples"
“I think this is a really good course. The tutors made every effort to explain the analyses, why you use then, what you must think about when designing a study, etc. For the first time ever I actually understand statistics!"
"This course came highly recommended, and I was impressed. Excellent revision, and applied to practical examples"
"Very useful; enjoyable. Will be recommending to colleagues. Thanks."
"Excellent speakers – infectious enthusiasm."
"Very good. Really one of the best courses in my life."
"All the lecturers explained the concepts very clearly and showed great patience. All the slides were very clear; examples and exercises well thought-out.”
Next dates after this: tbc