You are here
Introductory Medical Statistics - two day course
10 May, 2018
Fees: academic/NHS: £200; corporate: £300. Fee includes handout and refreshments (incl. lunch).
Registration link: Introductory Medical Statistics - 10-11 May 2018 - NHLI, London SW3
- The booking link takes card payments only. This is our preferred method of payment, so please pay by card if possible …
- If you wish to pay by invoice or [for Imperial College applicants] internal transfer, there's no need to use the link - please contact me directly instead (Magda Wheatley; tel 020 7594 7990)
- The link prompts you to choose two out of three 45-minute breakout sessions - DATA ANALYSIS WORKSHOP, PAPER DISCUSSION (‘TRIAL’) and PAPER DISCUSSION (‘OBSERVATIONAL') - for Day 2; please read the details on ‘page 1’ of the link.
Two-day event designed to introduce anyone who uses statistics in their work or research to:
- statistical concepts including: epidemiological study design
- identifying and describing different data types
- selection of appropriate statistical tests (two and three group scenarios)
- calculation of sample size for basic study designs
- principles behind various forms of regression analysis, including survival analysis.
Suitable for - Doctors, nurses, clinical research fellows and postgraduate students – please note special discount for students and trainees
Accredited by the Royal College of Physicians (12 CPD points)
Venue (map can be viewed here) -
National Heart and Lung Institute
Education Centre, Paul Wood Lecture Theatre
Guy Scadding Building
London SW3 6LY
“I think this is a really good course. The tutors made every effort to explain the analyses, why you use then, what you must think about when designing a study, etc. For the first time ever I actually understand statistics!"
"This course came highly recommended, and I was impressed. Excellent revision, and applied to practical examples"
"Very useful; enjoyable. Will be recommending to colleagues. Thanks."
"Excellent speakers – infectious enthusiasm."
"Very good. Really one of the best courses in my life."
"All the lecturers explained the concepts very clearly and showed great patience. All the slides were very clear; examples and exercises well thought-out.”
Next dates after this: 27-28 September 2018