You are here
Introductory Medical Statistics - two day course
28 September, 2017
-- REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED --
50% discount for Students and Trainees in September.
- ‘Students and trainees': £175
- First ten ‘non-student/trainee’ RBHT/NHLI* applicants: £280
- All remaining places (NHS/academic/corporate): £350
* Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust/National Heart and Lung Institute
-- NB: If you need to apply for study leave, please let us know in advance (so we can see if we can hold a place for you, should the course become full, and closes early). --
- The booking links take credit or debit card payments only. This is our preferred method of payment, so please pay by card if possible. If you wish to pay by invoice or internal transfer, though, the links don’t apply - please contact me directly instead
- The links are run by Imperial College – I receive booking summaries the morning after booking.
Two-day event designed to introduce anyone who uses statistics in their work or research to:
- statistical concepts including: epidemiological study design
- identifying and describing different data types
- selection of appropriate statistical tests (two and three group scenarios)
- calculation of sample size for basic study designs
- principles behind various forms of regression analysis, including survival analysis.
Suitable for - Doctors, nurses, clinical research fellows and postgraduate students – please note special discount for students and trainees
Accredited by the Royal College of Physicians (12 CPD points)
"It was a very good, practical course. Having attended other statistics courses, I found this to be the most useful, as it was able to present statistics from a non-statistician’s point of view"
"Really useful course – good pace, great handout and enthusiastic lecturers! Thanks for making medical statistics seem relatively straightforward! Would recommend to other colleagues"
"Best statistics course ever! Very well organised, and the faculty members explained all the topics very clearly. I really liked the exercices, and the examples they gave us. Very, very useful. Thank you very much!"
"Very good. Really one of the best courses in my life."
"I would like to thank all speakers for a very comprehensive course. Although I had an idea of statistical tests, I now feel much more confident about organising/understanding/analysing studies and data"
Next dates after this: 10-11 May 2018